Environmental Advisory Council
MEETING DATE: April 19, 2016
EAC Members: Earl Cram, Michelle Garg, Mary Ellen Heisey, Tom Heisey, Jerry O’Dell & Mike Roscoe.
Board of Supervisors (BOS): Martha Majewski & Fred Perry
Public Participation: None
Meeting called to order at 7:30pm. Meeting adjourned at 8:35pm.
- EAC Meeting Summary Approval
- The meeting summary of the March 2016 meeting was read and approved.
Reports/Updates on Ongoing Business
- Mr. O’Dell announced the Great American Cleanup to occur on April 30th at 10:00am – 12:00pm.
- Mr. Cram announced the Stroud Water Research Center will host the Stream Ecology and Riparian Forest Buffer Workshop on May 10th.
- Bird Town -
- Ms. Heisey announced that she and Tom attended the annual summit held on Sunday, 17Apr2016. Mr. Heisey will support the Bird Town steering committee to identify and support the goals and objectives.
- Environmental Resources Inventory (ERI) -
- Pickering Preserve -
- Trails -
- Mr. Roscoe announced that the subcommittee met to begin the review/update of the multimodal trails to the township map. This will then be included in the ERI.
- Ms. Majewski announced that the DVRPC (Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission) wants the township to conduct a study to determine the overall current multimodal routes. This project could start as early as September.
- EAC to update the township trails for incorporation to the Chester country trails map.
- Valley Park -
- Mr. O’Dell announced that the road crew cut back the phragmites and cattails.
- Chester County Master Watershed Steward training Program
- Mr. Cram announced the program is going strong and lots of valuable information is being learned. He requested he be reimbursed for the program. EAC agreed.
- EAC stream naming objective
- Medal of Honor Grove -
- Mr. O’Dell stated the grounds committee met on Sunday to agree upon the overall landscape design. The MOH Grove Board would like to keep the grounds clean and organized.
- Nolen Property on Pawling’s Road
- Pohlig Builders - Reeves Property/Planned Residential Development (PRDO)
- Ms. Heisey announced that Mr. Morrisson informed her that an eagle’s nest is on Reeves property. Officer Mathew Johnson informed Ms. Heisey that eagles are no longer on the endangered species list.
- The University of Valley Forge Conference Center- Harmony Village at Valley Forge
- EAC: New Business
- EAC: Adopt a Highway designation for Valley Park Road.
- Mr. Cram announced that there is no longer a sponsor for adopt a highway on Valley Park Road. He mentioned that PADOT will supply the supplies for all the clean-ups. EAC voted unanimously in favor of the adoption. Mr. Cram will write a letter to the BOS requesting the EAC sponsor Valley Park Road as part of the adopt a highway program.
- Township Forum: “Planting with Purpose”
- EAC expressed their thanks and agreed that it was an excellent presentation. EAC would like to ask them to present again. EAC would like more residence attendance.