Environmental Advisory Council
MEETING DATE: June 27, 2017
EAC Members: Earl Cram, Michelle Garg, Mary Ellen Heisey, Tom Heisey, Steve Kunz, Jonathan Meyers, Jerry O’Dell, & Michael Roscoe
Board of Supervisors (BOS): Jim Morrisson & Fred Perry
Public Participation: None
Meeting called to order at 7:30pm. Meeting adjourned at 8:55pm.
- EAC Meeting Summary Approval
- The meeting summary of the May 2017 meeting was read and approved.
- EAC welcomed Jonathan Meyers to the EAC as an associate member.
- Mr. O’Dell announced that the Tyler Arboretum will host a presentation by Dr. Doug Tallamy, Sunday July 23, 3-5 pm: “Making Insects: A Guide to Restoring the Little Things That Run the World”.
- Public Participation
- Reports/Updates on Ongoing Business
- Bird Town
- Environmental Resources Inventory (ERI)
- MOH Grove
- Mr. O’Dell announced that the state of Virginia hosted an unveiling of the improved state obelisk.
- Great American Clean up
- EAC performed additional weeding of the Butterfly Garden on Memorial Day at Pickering Preserve.
- Name Unnamed Streams Project
- Mr. Heisey announced the letter to Valley Forge Park, Charlestown Township and Phoenixville Borough is in draft. The letter will suggest the proposed stream names. The letter will be endorsed by the EAC and Historical commission and list contact details for any questions.
- Trails Committee
- Mr. Roscoe attended the public meeting on 25May2017 at colonial theatre. He provided the EAC with handouts from the meeting.
- Valley Park
- Native Plant List
- EAC reviewed the updated native plant list and discussed the overall purpose of the list for residential purposes.
- Mr. Heisey will draft an article for the next township newsletter announcing the updated list and include a link to the updated list on the township website.
- Mr. Perry announced that the next public meeting will be held on 11Jul2017 at the firehall at 6pm.
- Nolen Property- Pawlings Road
- Pohlig Builders - Reeves Property/Planned Residential Development (PRD)
- Chester County Intermediate Unit at the Technical College High School