Environmental Advisory Council
MEETING DATE: May 23, 2017
EAC Members: Earl Cram, Michelle Garg, Mary Ellen Heisey, Tom Heisey, Steve Kunz, Jerry O’Dell, & Michael Roscoe
Board of Supervisors (BOS): Jim Morrisson, Susan Guerette, Martha Majewski & Fred Perry
Public Participation: None
Meeting called to order at 7:30pm. Meeting adjourned at 8:35pm.
- EAC Meeting Summary Approval
- The meeting summary of the April 2017 meeting was read and approved.
- Mr. O’Dell announced Phoenixville Regional Multimodal Transportation Plan, Colonial Theatre, May 25th, 5:00-8:00 pm.
- Mr. O’Dell announced Township Forum: Historic Barns, Phoenixville Country Club, June 8th, 7:30 pm.
- Mr. O’Dell announced Phoenixville Regional Planning Committee 2017 Community Planning Workshop
- Mr. O’Dell announced Chester County Planning Commission: Landscapes3 Public Survey.
- Public Participation
- EAC had an open discussion with Jonathan Meyers rational to join as the EAC Associate Member.
- The EAC voted unanimously to submit his nomination to the EAC.
- Reports/Updates on Ongoing Business
- Bird Town
- Ms. Heisey asked if anyone knows any volunteers which could assist with maintenance of our Butterfly Garden.
- Environmental Resources Inventory (ERI)
- Great American Cleanup/ Pickering Preserve
- The EAC successfully cleaned up the Pickering Preserve on April 29, 2017 from 8-10am.
- MOH Grove
- Mr. O’Dell announced the Eagle Scout project is ongoing and needs some guidance and processes.
- Name Unnamed Streams Project
- Mr. Heisey announced that the Historical Commission provided all their documents on the proposed names. Four of the 13 streams originate outside of the Schuylkill Township. The EAC proposes to involve Charlestown Township (four streams) and one originates in the township but also passes through the Phoenixville Borough to inform them of the project and ask for their involvement and support for the proposed names.
- Trails Committee
- Ms. Majewski attended the multi-municipal multimodal map committee meeting on 11May2017. She discussed with the EAC the variables reviewed by the committee regarding the use of the trails.
- The public meeting will be held on 25May2017 from 5-8pm at colonial theatre.
- Valley Park
- Native Plant List
- Mr. Heisey announced that he met with the township secretary to make the updates. The final updated draft list will be ready for EAC review at the next meeting.
- Nolen Property- Pawlings Road
- Pohlig Builders - Reeves Property/Planned Residential Development (PRD)
- Chester County Intermediate Unit at the Technical College High School
- New / Other Business
- EAC network
- Mr. O’Dell attended the meeting on 06May2017. It was well attended.
- Riparian Buffer Ordinance
- Mr. Kunz discussed with Mr. Theurkauf his comments to the current township riparian buffer ordinance and determined that a presentation would not be necessary.
- Treasurer’s Report
- Mr. Heisey announced he and Ms. Heisey were reimbursed for their dues to attended the Land Ethics symposium in March 2017.