Animal Control


Wildlife Management

Persons experiencing problems or emergencies with wildlife should contact the Pennsylvania Game Commission Southeast Region Offices at (833)-742-4868. 

The Pennsylvania Game Commission provides immediate assistance for occurrences, including reporting suspected sick, injured, or nuisance wildlife and road-kill reports. 

Dog Licensing

All dogs three months of age or older must be licensed. Licenses are issued by the Chester County Treasurer. The County Treasurer’s website provides additional licensing information and downloadable forms.

It is unlawful for any person to permit any animal to run at large upon any public thoroughfare, any public ground, or on any private property other than that of the owner. Owners are responsible for immediately removing and properly disposing of all animal excreta from any public property or any private property other than that of the animal’s owner. 

Animal Bites

Information on animal bites is available on the Chester County Health Department Animal Bites page.